|Image this is an awesome picture of the Wife|
and BigD in Beijing
So the Wife and BigD wasted no time getting started in China.
They have managed to:
- meet up with the Wife's friend living in China and visited her apartment (which is no bigger than our living room)
- go to the New Day Orphanage and drop off medicines and baby formula
- the orphanage was so thankful for the asthma medicines because it will help the children fend off phenomena (or something), and apparently, with all the donations which came in, they were able to donate enough baby formula "to feed the orphanage through the whole winter" - so again, a big THANK YOU to all who helped donate!
- go to IKEA in Beijing and purchase the 15 high chairs, and have them shipped to the orphanage in Taiyuan
- went to the bank and exchanged more of the donation money (including the over 1000$ from Braided Tresses (whose Mom is with my Wife in China right now))
- went to the Beijing Science and Tech Museum (I bet BigD LOVED that - can't wait for pictures) with our good friends Brother in Law and son
- and by now, she should be getting on (or already on) a train headed to Taiyuan
I mean, that is the short list. And it has only been like what, 72 hours in China? Or something like that.
But hey, I've been productive here. I mean, I did a load of laundry.
... that counts for something... right? *siiiiigh*
Oh, and in like 24 hours ... or less than actually, its 12:40pm Sunday in China... so in 21 hours and 20 minutes or so, my Wife and BigD should be meeting Lukai for the 1st time. YAY!!!