|Oooooh, 1 day before my b-day! The 6th would have made it|
the BEST birthday present EVER!
That's the number.
And 134 is RIGHT out... unless proceeding to 135.
That is how many days until we got our LOA in hand.
It was issued at 132 days.
The sign from last post, it works!
Well... it means:
- the wife might go 24 hours without crying
- the wife might go 24 hours without ordering anything from the Shopping Channel
- the humane society will have to find some other poor sucker to finish adopting all 450 dogs and 700+ cats in their care
- and, we are 135 days closer to bringing Lukai home
Now, what has happened in those 135 days while we were waiting?
Well... the following has happened:
- my wife is now mentioned by name on the Shopping Channel
- I have started a petition with the CRTC to REMOVE the Shopping Channel from the Basic Cable Package
- my wife has cried for 42 days straight
- my parents booked a trip to come visit us for Christmas
- my wife has called our adoption agency over 17 times re: our LOA
|Signing the LSC.|
What have I learned during the 135 day wait?
Well... I have learned the following:
- the CRTC requires at least 500 signatures before they will review a petition to remove a channel from its programming
- that having a dog, a cat and 2 birds all under one roof can make fore some interesting times
- the humane society has a "frequent buyer" program
Sooo yea, there you have it folks! Thanks for all those who stood with us in prayer and waiting. We've got the LOA, about to put it back in the mail and starting plans for the wife and D to goto China Nov 12 ~ 24th to bring Lukai home! YAY!
There just aren't enough emoticons to express our joy and happiness! :-)
If you are wanting to stay happy, you should stop reading now... :-)
Some sad facts about Adoption and 135 days...
- a child is born every 8 seconds, which means 10800 children are born every day, which means 1,458,000 children were born in the 135 days while we were waiting for our LOA
- 6,000,000 children die of starvation every year, which means 2,220,000 children have died from starvation alone while we waited for our LOA
- 762,000 MORE children die in 135 days than those who are born
- there are still roughly 147,000,000 children waiting for adoption
- if one child could be adopted every hour, it would still take 6,125,000 days to adopt all the children who currently need families
- if one child could be adopted every minute, it would still take 102,100 days to adopt all the children who currently need families
- yet, it would only take 26,045 days for all the children needing a family to die of starvation
How can our hearts not be moved to try to change this?! Our joy is a stark contrast to the reality which so many people are facing in the world today. So when people ask, "Why are you so excited about a simple LOA?" ... this is why, because our son is not going to be one of the 147 MILLION orphans for any longer.